Movie Review (Mile 22)



Mile 22


R | Action, Adventure, Thriller | August 17, 2018

Just finished watching an excellent movie, "Mile 22". Don't know why it was named that but I'm gonna say one thing, though movie was going really slow at the start but the speed was catching on as the movie proceeded. The story developed and it was slowly making me more and more curious. Although I was pretty bored during first 20 mins or so but as the seconds go by I was getting more and more interested in the movie. And that's what makes this movie one of the most interesting movies I have ever seen!

I know that's a pretty bold statement for a movie like this but you have to watch this movie as an individual movie and do not compare it to other thriller movies while watching it, doing that you will find out that it was actually much better. Though it was rated 6.9 on IMDb, I will definitely rate it around 8.2 to even a 9 because the suspense in this movie counts!

The story revolves around Jimmy,  an elite American Intelligence Officer (Mark Wahlberg) who had to transport or smuggle a mysterious police officer, Li Noor out of the country in order to get a code from him to stop a weapon from killing thousands of people.

Jimmy at the end was at the position to completely trust Li but only to find that he was actually a
triple agent working for Russia who was now on an escape plane after murdering The Top-Secret Command Unit and many American Officers. And all of this was thee result of a mistake by Jimmy and his team at the start of  the movie where they killed the wrong kid leading to this moment.

This twist of storyline is what wins the rating from me! I thing the people who rated 7 or less did not watch the whole film because honestly if I had not watched last 10 mins of this movie I also would have given it a 6 or 7. It was the last mins that makes all of the movie great. When at the end you start connecting dotes and map all of the events of the movie to actually find out that this  movie was actually a good one and I think a lot of people do not understand that!

And I think a lot of good and famous franchise should also take in the element of surprise in their storyline because that actually earns you the interest of the viewer. but what can I say they are already making Millions of dollars out of their movies without doing that!

STX Entertainment announced that a "Mile 22 Sequel" is in development and I hope it is as good as this one. And just an advice: if you are getting bored and have no movies to watch as new movies are not coming out in Blu-Ray or HD you can go with this movie for the time being and you will find out that you have been waiting for  the wrong movie!

If you have any suggestions please comment

Comments

© 2019 Planet Kids.